Magic Touch

Monday, September 18, 2006

MORE ON BACRONYMS

My grandson is very inquisitive, he has gone through my list and deliberately selects words not yet made and questions me. This is based on his queries:
One day he said, a “Historian” is rarely, if at all, present at the scene, so how does he write all that we read in history books, I decided to answer him in my own special way, forming a phrase using only the letters of the word in sequential order. After thinking for some time I finally told him:-
Hearsay Information, Sifting Thoroughly, Objectively Records Incidents And Narratives. Or maybe:
He Imagines Something, Twists Others, Records Idiosyncrasies, Assembles Narratives.
His next query was about “Temptation”, the answer I game him was: -
The Ever Mesmeric Ploy That Attempts To Incite Outrageous Notions.
His next question was about “Abdomen”, the answer was:
Actually Belly, Digestive Organ, Metabolizes Entire Nourishment.
He now came up with “Gymnastics”, it took me quite some time to come up with an answer, but
finally I gave one: -
Gives Your Muscles Noteworthy Adaptability, Stimulus, Thereby Imparting Co-ordination, Strength.
He then wanted to be enlightened about an “Optimist” and a “Pessimist”, well I had to bring out the difference very clearly, here is what he was told: -
Outcome Predictable, Task Is Manageable, I’ll Surely Triumph, and
Predictably, Even Sees Serious Impediments, Machinations, In Small Things.
His next question took me by surprise, it was about “Siesta’, well here was the answer I gave: -
Spain Itinerary - Enjoy Sleep Through Afternoon.
As I said earlier he was testing me as he next came up with “Catastrophe” well fortunately I too had a ready reply for him:
Calamity, Accursed Total Annihilation, Startling Thunderbolt, Result Of Particularly Horrendous Event.
He was ready for some more so I told him no more but on his insistence I said o.k., one more he came up with “Tradition” and the answer I formed was:-
Time-honoured Religious And Dynastic Instructions, Teachings Implemented, Observed, Nostalgically.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home