Magic Touch

Friday, September 22, 2006

SOME INTERSTING 4-LINERS

FLOWERS
The sweetest flower that blows,
I give you as we part,
For you it is a rose –
For me it is my heart!

FRIENDSHIP
And what is friendship but a name,
A charm that lulls to sleep,
A shade that follows wealth and fame,
And leaves the wretch to weep!

GHOST
The other day - upon the stair
I saw a man who wasn’t there,
He wasn’t there again today,
I wish to God he would go away!

LIFE’S JOURNEY
Along life’s journey – off and on
Lie obstacles of rock and ditch;
He who with courage drives the car,
Reaches his goal without a hitch.

LITTLE CAR
Mary had a little car,
She drove in a manner deft,
And every time she signaled left,
The little car went right.

MY DEAR
Hush my dear, lie still and slumber!
Holy Angels guard thy bed!
Heavenly blessings without number,
Gently falling on thy HEAD!

MY HEART
Not with madness but with sadness,
My heart it’s cruel lesson learns.
Not with sadness but with madness,
My heart the art of LOVE learns

MY MOTHER
Who ran to help me when I fell,
Or would some pretty story tell,
Or kiss the place to make it well?
My mother, my mother, my dear mother!

MY REGRETS
Among life’s dying embers,
These are my regrets;
When I am right no one remembers,
When I am wrong, no one forgets!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home